Holsteiner stallion 586 "Letec"
Sire Lorreto, dam Ibisse
Holstiner stallion 585 Legat born 1938
Sire Maki, dam Pamela
The breeding region of this horse was westward of the river Elbe and his
home were the marshes
of Holstein coastline in the districts of Steinburg, Pinneberg,
northern and southern Ditmarsh. This part of the country is especially
favorable for breeding horses and cattle. In the breeding stations were
used exclusively stallions of the Holsteiner breed, however in the
southern part of Geest were also used the Hanoverian
stallions, but even here was the tendency to convert to the Holsteiner
type of the marsh horse.
Holsteiner horse was bred out of domestic Old-Holsteiner mares, which in
the 19th century contained mainly blood of the western
horse. For the refinement of these mares, the Germans imported from
England halfblooded and fullblooded stallions, especially of the Yorkshire
carriage type. Form this line of mares the most proven stallions were
Burlington Turk 81 and Brilliant 448. Especially Brilliant 448 brought to
his descendants the elegant high gait, which still remains by the
Holsteiner today. One of the most proven stallions from the Brilliant line
was Achill 582, who despite breeding later in age provided the Holsteiner
breed with the best stallion line. Achill alone came from a narrow
inbreeding of two siblings to which is attributed the great ability of
distinct “self-reproduction”. Another plentiful line of the Holsteiner
is the Ethelbert whose line points to a thoroughbred St. Fagus, imported
in 1871. Also the East Prussian stallion Adjutant founded after himself a
line of strong “bony” carriage horses. The exterior of the Holsteiner
shows a refined but heavier carriage horse with high gait, build in such
size and caliber, as is the heavier type of the Hannoveraner.
The brand submitted into the Holsteiner registry is a knight riding a
horse and holding a sword. The brand is placed on the left thigh.
Ludvik K Stanek a.k.a.
from the 1953 Special Zoo-Technique - Breeding of Horses
Published in 1953 by
the Czechoslovakian Academy of Agricultural Science and certified by the
Ministry of Agriculture.
Written by: MVDr Ludvik
Ambroz, Frabtisek Bilek, MVDr Karel Blazek, Ing. Jaromir Dusek, Ing. Karel
Hartman, Hanus Keil, pro. MVDr Emanuel Kral, Karel Kloubek, Ing. Dr. Frantisek
Lerche, Ing. Dr Vaclav Michal, Ing. Dr Zdenek Munki, Ing. Vladimir Mueller, MVDr
Julius Penicka, pro. MVDr Emil Pribyl, MVDr Lev Richter, prof. Ing. Dr Josef
Rechta, MVDr Karel Sejkora and Ing. Dr Jindrich Steinitz.
Copyright 2009 Stablemade.com. All Rights Reserved.